Skip to main content

Monday, June 6th

4ml prozac, 1/2 magnesium, probiotics, advil for his sore throat but his huffing completely stopped after the advil.

There is a tropical storm moving through and I didn't buy bottled water at the grocery store today because heck, it wasn't a hurricane or anything. But now our tap water is brown so we are drinking the water that I filled the Brita Filter with earlier today and no one had baths tonight. It is raining and raining in torrents. We had to move the cars because the street is flooded.

My youngest is still in school since she goes to a public school. Thursday is her last day and I am hanging on by my fingernails till then. Oh to be able to all sleep in for a few mornings. That will be so deluxe. If it is raining like this tomorrow morning it will be oh so hard to get out of bed. But her class is having a smoothie party tomorrow so we can't be late for that!!

The house is a mess because I have to finish a video and I am so uninspired by it that it is dragging out. I tell myself I can't clean the house until I finish it...to try and inspire me to hurry up so we can get our lives back in order. But now I'm wondering if I should take tomorrow to clean the house and then maybe I will be more inspired to finish the boring video.

Our laundry is outside in the shed so if it is still raining like this tomorrow, nothing is getting done.

I worry about trees falling down when it rains like this non stop so that the ground is soggy down to the roots.

So Ewen is doing well. He made the Gold travel team for next season and actually WANTS to do it, even though Mike and I told him numerous times that he doesn't have to do it this next season and he can take a break. He still isn't in perfect shape and is still sometimes dissatisfied and almost a bit disoriented. But he is managing OK and laughs and has fun often. He said he hasn't been anxious in a very long time. He sleeps in in the mornings like he never used to and I'm sure that is the Prozac, because now that I have also been taking Prozac for a few weeks, it is agonizing for me to get out of bed too, even with 8 hours of sleep. He can't get out with 10 hours of sleep. He was going a little nuts with this storm today since I wouldn't take him to get some more Magic cards.  There was no way I was driving all over town in this mess and our friends texted that they had trees down in their neighborhood.

I though it was interesting that Ewen seemed much better and much more calm after taking and Advil tonight when his throat was bothering him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Break 2017 Update

4ml Prozac, 500mg Zithromax 3x a week, 1.5 mg melatonin, less than a quarter of Clonidine Ewen is doing well. Right now he is vacuuming and mopping the whole house (all 850 square fee lol) To earn an hour of screen time playing Overwatch. We have had a few hiccups. He got in major trouble in school for hacking into the computer and writing silly things on a class web page. He said he didn't realize he would get a referral and get in so much trouble since he wasn't hurting anyone and would never bully. He also dropped his grades because he was too busy having fun with his friends. So Mike and I had a meeting with his teachers. He now has a 504 plan since he has had lots of absences.  We are paying close attention so that we can make sure he completes his assignments. Last month he was having trouble with tics (mostly huffing) and anxiety and so his pediatrician put his Zithromax up to 500 mg every day for a full week. That completely helped and was amazing to get him back...

Still Chugging Along

It has been almost a month now since the terrible effects of the prednisone.   This morning I gave 50 mg hydroxyzine and 500mg of phenibut and she still said she wasn't feeling great at 11:30am. So I gave her 3 droppers of Valerian Calm, which seems to offer a small boost of happiness sometimes.   I stopped her 5HTP and replaced it with 10mg of fluoxatine. But yesterday she said she was having a hard time peeing. So if that happens again we will have to re-evaluate.   After she is comfortable on an SSRI I want to start the minocycline antibiotic, but I don't want to do that until I get her SSRI support up incase the antibiotic makes her feel worse I read minocylcine can have negative psychiatric effects for some people). I have maxed out her supports with the phenibut and the hydroxyzine and have nothing left to give if the minocycline does something weird neurological too.  So to support myself, I took 20mg of fluoxatine (prozac) last night and feel w...

The Chair of the Pediatric ER Wrote Back!!!!!

Ms. ....... Thank you very much for bringing your son’s case and experience to our attention. First of all, I hope that Owen is still doing much better. I absolutely understand how devastating this could be in terms of a missed opportunity to appropriately diagnose. I have to say that in reading your email and updating my knowledge about the condition, I could see how it may be quite difficult to make a diagnosis accurately in an Emergency Department setting and I could see why things occurred in the manner in which they did. That said, I am very sorry that we let you and your family and your son down in this way. Our Pediatric Emergency Department are staffed by a group of very expert pediatric emergency medicine specialists trained in some of our nation’s leading teaching institutions who I was able to recruit here to ...........  to take care of our community. I know that the fact that we were not able to expeditiously diagnose your son’s condition caused a great deal o...