Skip to main content

Depressed Again

4ml prozac, 1/6 Clonidine, probiotics (no more antibiotics until Sunday) 1/2 magnesium

Ewen was miserable all day and wouldn't go swimming at his Grandma's house when she picked him up. Tonight going to sleep he had no tics but he said that he was anxious and depressed and wanted to break free from all of this. He was on the verge of crying which is very unusual for him. It broke my heart. We are both tired of the highs and lows but he is the one living it.  And he is so young it's not fair.

Mike and I talked about it and maybe we should put the Prozac up again since the tics have gone. We feel so lost with all of this. It was like he was cured for 2 weeks and now he is sick again, even though he is still taking the Zithromax.

He has his class trip and soccer tournament coming up in 2 days. I hate that he will be away from home  for 4 days when he isn't in good shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Chugging Along

It has been almost a month now since the terrible effects of the prednisone.   This morning I gave 50 mg hydroxyzine and 500mg of phenibut and she still said she wasn't feeling great at 11:30am. So I gave her 3 droppers of Valerian Calm, which seems to offer a small boost of happiness sometimes.   I stopped her 5HTP and replaced it with 10mg of fluoxatine. But yesterday she said she was having a hard time peeing. So if that happens again we will have to re-evaluate.   After she is comfortable on an SSRI I want to start the minocycline antibiotic, but I don't want to do that until I get her SSRI support up incase the antibiotic makes her feel worse I read minocylcine can have negative psychiatric effects for some people). I have maxed out her supports with the phenibut and the hydroxyzine and have nothing left to give if the minocycline does something weird neurological too.  So to support myself, I took 20mg of fluoxatine (prozac) last night and feel w...

Friday and Saturday, May 27th and 28th

(4ml prozac 4pm, 250mg Zithromax 4pm, probiotics and magnesium 7pm) So Friday morning at 10am we sat down in one of the rows of white chairs in the pretty courtyard of Ewen's school. The flowers were blooming everywhere and the weather was perfect.  We were getting ready to watch Ewen's 5th grade graduation ceremony at his little private school that my parents were able to help send him to for the last couple of months of this school year. He still has 3 days of school left next week but they are pretty much gong to be "fun" days.  After his graduation ceremony in the mid morning, we all went out to lunch with my mom and then they went swimming at her house for a while. I told Ewen that we were going out to go get Pizza for dinner and he said he would rather stay home and do nothing. He ended up reluctantly agreeing to go though and we met some of ours and his friends there...the friends that go to Waldorf schools and don't really play video games.  But they wer...

PANDAS Flare - My Oldest, Phenibut and Hydroxyzine

 We joined an online doctors group out of Colorado that specialized in PANS/PANDAS. My youngest is doing great with their protocol and she is the reason we joined. My 18-year-old with autism joined and after we got rid of her gut parasites she got very anxious. Then they gave her prednisone and she lost her mind. Now almost 3 weeks post-prednisone we are still sludging through a frightening mess of anxiety, depression and OCD the wasn't there before. I have it too now since it has been so awful with my oldest. I have to take anxiety meds to cope and I can't sleep at night after the hydroxyzine wears off. I'm in worse shape than she is, but mine is situational where hers is medical. To keep her comfortable I give her  8am 50 mg hydroxyzine and 500 mg phenibut 1pm 25 mg hydroxyzine and 250 mg phenibut 6pm 25 mg hydroxyzine and 250 mg phenibut I intersperse valerian calm drops and cortisol manager supplements between the doses. And then I pray it holds until bed time since tha...